Millions of people are forced to suffer silently if they have an incontinence issue. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reckons over 50% of seniors struggle with incontinence. The National Association for Incontinence (NAI) on the other hand says over 25 million people in the U.S alone suffer from some form of bladder and bowel incontinence.
For anyone suffering from incontinence or even their caregivers, dealing with nighttime incontinence is always a nightmare. If you suffer from this condition, you will never enjoy your nights and worse still, the embarrassment of soiling your bed can ruin even the strongest relationship. You might be forced to avoid sleeping over anywhere else than your home.
Luckily, there are overnight adult pullups available to give you more comfortable nights. If you or a loved one is suffering from the condition, you need to learn about the best nighttime incontinence solutions in the market. These products are guaranteed to revolutionize your life by allowing you to live life without limits. However, it is imperative to first understand about this health condition to guarantee you make an informed decision.
Adult Incontinence in Detail
For a condition affecting so many people, adult incontinence still doesn’t get the attention it deserves. Many families are left grappling in the dark when it comes to dealing with this health issue. Worse still, the stigma associated with lack of bowel and bladder control forces most patients into silence.
Adult incontinence is caused by various factors including old age, pregnancy, childbirth, menopause, hysterectomy, and obstruction by a tumor, neurological disorders, spinal cord injury and tuberculosis of the urinary tract among other causes. It is important to get a diagnosis from a urologist if you have a problem controlling your bladder. If you are providing senior care for a loved one, make sure they are checked by a qualified doctor to get the right diagnosis.
These different causes allow doctors to classify incontinence into different categories namely:
- Stress incontinence: Caused by physical contraction of the bladder due to unexpected pressure when coughing, sneezing, and laughing among other causes.
- Urge incontinence: Occurs when the bladder loses control due to great urgency or desire to urinate.
- Overflow incontinence: When urine release doesn’t happen smoothly leading to a full bladder. The excess urine spills out eventually.
- Mixed incontinence: When stress and urge incontinence, symptoms are present.
It is important to have an idea about the type of incontinence you or the person under your care is suffering from before buying overnight absorbent underwear. Your doctor will also need to know this to recommend the best incontinence protection. This information is also important as it reveals that adult incontinence is not just about old age but could also be an early sign of a bigger underlying problem.
Why Deal with Incontinence Early?
It is a topic that most people don’t want to talk about especially due to the negative perceptions. This is the reason most patients continue suffering in silence. During nighttime, the problem of incontinence is exacerbated by the fact that you have absolutely no control of your bladder or consciousness. In case of fecal or urine urge, the bladder or bowels just give in leading to an embarrassing situation.
There are many serious implications of incontinence including:
- Loss of Esteem/ConfidenceMost people suffering from incontinence end up withdrawing into their own world to avoid embarrassments. This leads to loss of opportunities in life but this can easily be avoided by buying high quality overnight adult pullups from a globally renowned brand.
- Health ComplicationsIn most cases, people suffering from any form of incontinence will lead a sedentary lifestyle to avoid embarrassment. Of course, you don’t want to embarrass yourself during a hike with friends and the best option is to stay indoors. However, it is possible to lead an active lifestyle by wearing the best incontinence pullups any day of day or night.
- Lack of sleep
Poor sleep is the cause of many health problems modern society. Such health problems include high blood pressure, diabetes, overweight and obesity, heart disease, stroke, low sex drive, poor skin among others. When suffering from adult incontinence it is impossible to sleep comfortably but this can easily be changed by using high quality overnight adult pullups. You will always enjoy better mornings as you will feel reenergized and ready to face a new day.
- Poor HygieneSoiling a bed is not only an embarrassing situation but also affects your hygiene. If you are caring for an elderly relative, it is impossible to maintain high sanitary standards if they are soiling the bed through the night. Luckily, incontinence pullups for overnight use now make it possible for anyone suffering from this condition to sleep comfortably and in a hygienic environment. There are disposable nighttime incontinence diapers which not only guarantee a dry night but also make it easier for care givers to maintain the room in hygienic conditions.
Technology meets Comfort in Incontinence Products
Unique Wellness makes the most absorbent adult incontinence products which borrow from space age technology used in the NASA’s Maximum Absorbency Garment. The brand’s Wellness Briefs and Absorbent overnight adult pullups are rated the most absorbent products and if you are looking for the best way to manage this health problem, this is the way to go. These incontinence products are designed to enable users a serene night without worrying about regular changes.
Buying the Best Incontinence Pullups for Overnight Use
When shopping for overnight adult pullups the most important consideration should be high absorbency level which allows you to save on the total cost through no or fewer night changes. You should first assess the level of incontinence before deciding on the best overnight absorbent underwear to buy. Other considerations include size, gender-specific incontinence protection, and reputation of the brand, type of disposal (disposable or washable), high quality materials (for skin protection) and reviews of the overnight adult pullups.